Sign in to follow this  
Cipher

Closed Testing Session 03 | April 11th, 2020 | 5PM-12PM EST

iDXpTOY.png

Hello, BastionRP!

We are pleased to report that Closed Testing Session 02 was a success! We averaged a player count of 30-35 throughout the five hour test, with a peak of 52 players! For the most part, the server was stable during the test, and while we had some hiccups in the beginning, We think that some great roleplay situations arose throughout the duration of the test. A sincere thanks to everyone who participated and filled out feedback reports.

Thanks to the data and insights we received during CTS 02, we are now able to say with confidence that this idea works in-game. Before this, we were developing based on theory and mental models. Now that we have this foundation in place, we can work much more aggressively towards more frequent Closed Testing Sessions and - in the not too distant future - a 24/7 Closed Testing Server.

So, onwards! We are pleased to announce Closed Testing Session 03 on April 11th, 2020! The test will commence at 5PM EST and end at 12AM EST, making this two hours longer than our original test. We hope that this will be more indicative of a normal, persistent server; with a longer time window and restarts in between, feel free to drop in at any time during the session and play for as long as you want.

As always, you must be whitelisted and accepted to the Closed Testing Sessions in order to participate in CTS 03.

Here's a bit more of what you can expect.

ISF Tweaks

We've heard your feedback regarding the ISF, and we are taking steps to make it easier for them to work together efficiently and better handle rapidly emerging threats. In this test, we will be introducing CCTV V2 for the ISF to utilize as a force multiplier. This will allow them to more easily survey large swaths of city without physical ISF presence in the area. This also introduces a new soft mechanic for civilians - those who prefer to live in safety under the ISF now have another safeguard, and those who prefer living on the other side of the law have a new threat to avoid if they want to keep a low profile.

We're also introducing DTAC V2 for the ISF. This is a system that will allow the ISF to group up into squads and see the live markers and status of their buddies, as well as a live compass, an interactive map with shared map markers, and more.

Finally, we're setting some standards regarding the weapons and gear sets of the ISF during times of relative peace versus a total lockdown situation. You'll begin seeing ISF agents carrying smaller caliber weapons regularly, such as pistols and SMGs, and saving the more high caliber weaponry for more precarious situations where the higher firepower is necessary.

Warmer Weather

We noticed that a lot of in-game time was spent not only trying to keep oneself fed and watered, but also warm. Heat packs had to be spawned in en masse and fires were common for not only roleplay, but survival. We're going to be tweaking the weather to make the average temperature warmer, so citizens no longer have to worry about wearing rain jackets and always keeping heat packs nearby.

Map Updates

We'll be making some significant updates to the map in order to better fit the post-apocalyptic vibe, as well as tweaking and reworking some areas of the map in order to better lend itself to city RP. The extent of these changes? We're not quite ready to show that yet 😉 stay tuned. 

AION Rations

You might have noticed during the test that our ration system was absent. We're fixing that for this test, so you will go hungry no longer! There will be a few AION vending machines placed strategically throughout the map which will allow for an instant, filling food source.

We're also looking at slowing the rate of hunger and thirst to lessen the amount of food and water you will need to consume.

Banking Improvements

Those who interacted with the banking system have given us some feedback regarding the usability of the system. We've taken your feedback to heart and are introducing some quality of life changes to the system, including adding support for a password reset, showing you the characters of your password as asterisks, and adding in a "password confirmation" step during account registration to ensure that the password you've selected is the correct one.

Loot Economy

We are making changes to the loot economy in order to allow for a better looting experience in the city. Please be advised that these changes are not final and the loot tables will continue to be edited as we develop more systems to augment or replace some of the items that would normally be found in the loot table. This includes removing food spawns entirely, removing firearm spawns, and adding a swath of clothing items, RP items, and more for players to find.

How to Join

In order to be eligible for CTS 03 (and future Closed Testing Sessions), you must complete the whitelist. After completing the whitelist, you will be granted access to complete the Closed Testing Sessions application. After both of these prerequisites are fulfilled, you will receive the correct forum and Discord tags and be granted access to the Closed Testing Sessions!

Hope to see you guys there,

- The BastionRP Team

Yee yee. So hyped RN. 

banner1.thumb.png.4c3a1a8bd1b4a5c2607e8a238e537eb5.png

992cf64faafde0cd2e047c536b01d0d1.png

Yes, Yes, YES! Can't wait, I'll be there for sure.

ISF UNITE!

Keeping the flow going.

Going to suit up in ISF this time

Very exciting 🤠

covert8.png

let's go!

4 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Yes, Yes, YES! Can't wait, I'll be there for sure.

ISF UNITE!

SBCzBtO.png

53 minutes ago, Taryn said:

Yee yee. So hyped RN. 

Ready to get some gaming on, gaymers

😎

🦋

Emmanuel Jacques will be there.... and there will be many deaths.

158543632399418098.png.fb5415cf17df0ce1f19c164e2f38a6f4.png

1adf13e897ff93b1dd3b0cd331e6238b.thumb.png.a4fffac6e509f362ea2d3b54e5c90e08.png

My first test the 11th! I'm super hyped!

UwU

I cant wait not to play 🙂

Look forwards to the next attempt.

I am Iron Man, Cant wait to play

Hopefully this time I don't come around a corner to 5 men burying a bunch of bodies XD

3 hours ago, Tony Stark said:

I am Iron Man, Cant wait to play

big ups iron man 

6 hours ago, S.Bradley said:

Hopefully this time I don't come around a corner to 5 men burying a bunch of bodies XD

dont be so nosy and youll stay safe 🙃

Posted (edited)

Everyone warm-up on deathmatch server rumours say that the last test was crazy with gun fighting.

skills person GIF

Edited by ak47

UwU

7 hours ago, ak47 said:

Everyone warm-up on deathmatch server rumours say that the last test was crazy with gun fighting.

skills person GIF

Hopefully none of that 🙂 

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Hopefully none of that 🙂 

Found a fitting GIF, but no I want that juicy RP. It's been sometime now and with release of Bannerlords & Valorant Closed Beta I've been busy to say. So I'm hyped for some fresh BastionRP.

UwU