Sign in to follow this  
Cipher

SITREP 003 | 9/1/2019 | "Arsenal"

OgImd54.png

Hello everyone and welcome to the third SITREP for BastionRP! This time around, we have updates in almost every category, including a slew of new map screenshots, progress in our functionality department, and new weapon models to show off. Additionally, we welcome a total of seven new staff members to speed up our progress and ensure the best possible experience for all of us here at BastionRP.

Incoming Ordinance

Our incredibly talented lead developer @RoomService has been hard at work at some auxiliary features of the BastionRP expansion. This SITREP, he has completed an all new IED system that will allow players to find explosives and a detonator, connect them via an interaction menu and... well, we'll let the video explain the rest.

We have also imported some high quality assets to make this part of the expansion come to life, as well as provide new possibilities for anti-NCC roleplay. Since the NCC are likely to almost always have the advantage in sheer firepower, we wanted to introduce something that evens the scales for those who fight against them.

TWdjcOK.png

The Arsenal

We have had some models commissioned for BastionRP; mostly pistols and smaller caliber weaponry in order to provide civilians with a myriad of options of arming themselves... provided they know where to look and who to talk to. In regular DayZ, there's little point in using anything but the hardest hitting automatic rifle you can find - we're looking at change that. 

We really want to expand the possibilities for small arms (as well as melee weapons in the future) and elevate their importance as low cost, easily concealable weapons ideal for use inside the walls.

Beretta M9

TiJIYjW.png

Walther P99

APQIu68.png

Welrod

x2GSc8M.png

AK12

QYdfWCp.png

@Hop has been hard at work at refining his set of weapons, which includes this specialty, the AS Val:

NdAcmYn.png

ngh1IQZ.png

Map Screenshots

This SITREP, our mapper @ZeRoY has focused on getting the lower-class sections of the city game-ready for testing. We'll let the screenshots tell the rest of the story.

AnfpQN1.png

litiLV5.png

7BEHmQV.png

qRiKAh0.png

LqmDquL.png

R7jU61k.png

qT1mNXF.png

The Menu

Our developer @</> Ethan has been working on a custom menu for BastionRP that will pull in-game information including playtime, last known location, citizen class (reputation with the NCC), as well as allow players to navigate to the forums directly from within the game. Please be advised, this is still a heavy WIP, but we wanted to give you a peek towards the extent of modifications you'll encounter right from the very beginning.

75AEJ8X.jpg

If you have any suggestions for the menu, please let us know!

Staff Restructure

It came to our attention that quite a lot of the community wasn't sure what the "Leadership Team" ranks at the top did, and so we've decided to simplify our ranking structure slightly. As a result, the following changes have been made:

Hex - Creative Director → Community Manager
Covert - Operations Director → Administrator
Cookie - Development Director → Developer

Note that these changes in ranks are not demotions - @Hex, @Covert, and @Cookie all retain the same responsibilities they had prior to the restructure. "Leadership Team" has been renamed "Project Lead", and for now only @Cipher has that rank.

Lore Changes

Due to some significant additions and changes in direction of our lore (thanks @Sylva!), @marvolo has decided to postpone releasing the lore for this SITREP. We’ve been assured that some big things are in the works, and by the sounds of it we might need a dedicated lore forum in order to start organising everything. We’re hoping to provide the framework so you can begin building character backstories very soon. Stay tuned for updates posted directly to the forums as well as to our official world map within the next week!

Staff Additions

As we ramp up production and edge closer towards an Alpha release of the BastionRP expansion and server, we have rounded out our administrative positions in order to provide community members with the greatest of support, regardless of the time of day. We trust and believe in our staff members to not only do this, but be able to bring their various backgrounds and experiences to our staff team in order to ensure that no opinion is unheard in the production of our product and our community.

G19RP
Administrator

G19 has been roleplaying in DayZ for over 2000 hours over two and a half years. He met Cipher in a previous roleplaying community and forged a quick friendship. Now, he is here to represent the interests of and do what's right for the community as a whole, no matter what exactly that work may entail. His DM's are always open, so feel free to shoot him a PM if you need help with anything at BastionRP.

</> Ethan
Developer

Ethan, although newer to DayZ Development, is entirely dedicated to the production of high quality assets and functionality for BastionRP. He will be joining us as a developer.

Sylva
Operator

Sylva is a longstanding member of the DayZ roleplay scene and a prolific world builder on multiple servers. As an ardent student of international relations, European history, and military science, we look forward to applying his enthusiasm and expertise to the server and community. He will be joining us as an Operator here in Bastion, though prior to launch he'll be focusing on developing our lore alongside marvolo and RedFaction.

Keller

Keller has been roleplaying for over 6 years across multiple games and communities. He has ample experience both administrating and moderating across these communities. We are happy to put his ability to good use. He will be joining us as a moderator and will be applying his skills with problem solving on both an individual and community wide level.

Liam

Liam has been involved in Bohemia games since ArmA 2, enjoying his time and gaining experience between both DayZ mod and MILSIM through a myriad of communities. Once he eventually stumbled across the roleplay scene, he's found himself involved in it thoroughly for years now, in DayZ and other platforms. Through this, he's met plenty of well rounded people with creative minds and ended up sticking by some less fruitful but promising projects that have since been laid to rest. Those connections led him back here, as another pair of hands to assist the staff team.

Sleepyhead

Sleepyhead has a strong roleplaying background when it comes to survival games such as DayZ & Arma 3. She has extensive knowledge in a leadership role on past roleplaying communities & has led multiple successful groups on DayZ itself. Not only does she drive RP in a way that is unique, she takes good pride in her staff position and works well in whatever position she is placed in.

WongRP

Wong has been roleplaying since January 1st, 2015, on DayZ; since then, he's racked up around 6000 hours. His high hopes for this server and the dream Cipher is trying to create led him to apply for staff, as he hopes to do as much as possible to help make this project succeed.  As a staff member he'll be focusing on doing anything and everything I can to make sure things run smoothly and enjoyably for everyone.

Credits

Cipher - writing, graphics, gun screenshots
marvolo - writing, editing
Shura - formatting
ZeRoY - map screenshots
RoomService - IED mod, screenshots and video
Hop - AS Val screenshot
</> Ethan - menu mod, screenshot

Boom!

This is fucking sick lads. Good choices for the staff team and incredible work on the design for both the map and those weapons. Hats off to you boys, lets get this fucking bread.

Edited by blundeag
added

roond.png.70be2318776298560bff81c03d1e13eb.png

Super happy to be part of the team 🙂 Thanks for another great SITREP!

NXHpcBi.png

Good work from everyone in staff and thank you Cipher and marvolo for taking over the SITREP this week, I was quite busy and couldn't make the time.

Next one I should be back to it however! Lots of great things are coming so stick around and tell your friends, we appreciate the support!

Just now, Shura said:

Good work from everyone in staff and thank you Cipher and marvolo for taking over the SITREP this week, I was quite busy and couldn't make the time.

Next one I should be back to it however! Lots of great things are coming so stick around and tell your friends, we appreciate the support!

No ration farm for you this time!

covert8.png

Lots of cool stuff 😮 CANT  WAIT

1 minute ago, Jasper said:

And here we see a young @Shura shedding a tear that he doesn't get to reap the Rations on the post this week...

1 minute ago, Covert said:

No ration farm for you this time!

It was time to share the wealth I suppose 🙂

2 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Good read. The only advice I have for @Sylva lore wise is don't exclusively get hung up on Mil-Sim hyper realism stuff that might be boring. Write cool shit, stuff that could be fun FOR EVERYONE to pursue or RP out in game. If I have to read a passage written by you about how the "State of the textile industry would post apocalypse would never allow this...." again I will fucking kill you. 

Other than that, good job guys. 

rule number #1 for writing this lore is making sure it's approachable and concise enough so that everyone can understand it (or at least wants to read it). for the 5% of people who want to know the specifics, we'll have that availiable... but it won't be required reading.

Excellent stuff, the map locations look dope. Better than anything Bohemia can come up for Chernarus plus. IEDs look awesome as well! Good work lads!

sdaf.png.c795f717e89ff0856b8e31da24f6c38b.png

im so proud of u all

🦋

Love to see it!

Welcome to all the new staff members! Let’s keep this train rollin

Love it

bruh i love you

this looks absolutely amazing, props to the team

Looking good boys! Can't wait

Looks great guys

🤝

Dont you just love to see it

Hahahah. Well I’m working closely with Marvolo to make sure the lore is both expansive and accessible, with the latter at the forefront. Fully in depth lore segments will be available to those who want them but the baseline server lore will be easy enough to understand for everyone. Plus with Cipher’s skills in HTML and the dedication of the team he has assembled here, I see nothing but great things to come.

Absolutely beyond excited to be working with such a great team. The ambition and determination is amazing to see. So happy I’m able to contribute! I’d also like to extend a big thank you for everyone’s support! We are just as excited for this as you are!  ❤️

4 hours ago, Jasper said:

Yeah. I love my boy @Sylva i'm just saying I would prefer more passages about, let's say, some kind of rebel insurgency group in the lore or some kind of secondary illness going around rather than what kind of camo the Russians decided to wear and how many months it took for them to get clearance to get boots on the ground, etc. etc. 

We have all that kinda fun stuff in the works. What you guys know now lore wise is what’s done or very near to completion. As more comes out I’m sure you’ll be happily surprised! 😉

Big if true

image.png.72c2d29aeba0494546ce2166a2540f55.png

Can not wait! 

Love the staff team and the way the map looks!!! Been playing with most of these guys for over 2 years and they all know what their doing and are gonna make the best server possible. I’m a huge fanatic already and I’m looking forward to all the great things to come!!

Looking forward to the server coming out! Amazing community and good concept.