K-Jack

Realistic VOIP

Not sure if this is in the works but if we want people to have their own small apartments where they can feel safe from the NCC or other nosy people, the VOIP distribution will have to be looked at.

For example, in Novo on the vanilla map, if you're in one of the building blocks or the main hotel, you can hear people clearly talk 3-4 floors away.

If we don't want the same happening in our apts there needs to be a way for VoIP to only be heard by people in the room if doors and windows are closed. If not it will remove an obvious safe space for bastion residents

NOTE: I haven't played the game in 2 years so I'm not sure if this is a problem in the game still, but it definitely was when I was playing

Edited by K-Jack

If you remember TFR K-Jack the whisper mechanic is now in DayZ so now over hearing conversations shouldn't be much of an issue.

🦋

11 minutes ago, CUDA said:

If you remember TFR K-Jack the whisper mechanic is now in DayZ so now over hearing conversations shouldn't be much of an issue.

How dare you make me look uninformed

I have to agree with @K-Jack even with voip set to wisper you can still hear people in the next room or outside next to a house

Quote: "May lady space have mercy on you because I will NOT" -Aron Gordon

13 minutes ago, Aron73 said:

I have to agree with @K-Jack even with voip set to wisper you can still hear people in the next room or outside next to a house

Guess wed have to test it but I hopped on and saw the whisper mechanic and you have to be real close to hear it. But let's say you have a meeting with many people in your home and you don't want outsiders to here, there's no way to avoid being heard by neighbours.

The jump from whisper to normal talk is quite big

I'm a scout on another RP server and I dont know how manny times I got info from people that beleve they are safe from prying ears like my

Quote: "May lady space have mercy on you because I will NOT" -Aron Gordon

3 hours ago, K-Jack said:

Guess wed have to test it but I hopped on and saw the whisper mechanic and you have to be real close to hear it. But let's say you have a meeting with many people in your home and you don't want outsiders to here, there's no way to avoid being heard by neighbours.

The jump from whisper to normal talk is quite big

I think it comes down more to choosing a good location to talk about this kinda stuff. When completed, the city should have a bunch of hiding places or possible base locations that are slightly difficult to get to - you're going to need to do some exploration to find suitable locations.

1 hour ago, marvolo said:

I think it comes down more to choosing a good location to talk about this kinda stuff. When completed, the city should have a bunch of hiding places or possible base locations that are slightly difficult to get to - you're going to need to do some exploration to find suitable locations.

My point is people should want  their own houses to be able to do this.

I don't think the voip code is exposed so big rip on this idea.

17 hours ago, RoomService said:

I don't think the voip code is exposed so big rip on this idea.

youre a dissapointment

I was wondering why people kept telling me to shut up from across the street lmfao. Didn't even know there's a way to reduce the voip range.