Cipher

SITREP 014 | 11/18/2020 | Time

Just now, Scott Smithy said:

If the server had a constant 70 players would this still of been the outcome?

It's hard to say - constant 70 players means that the experience on the server is good enough to keep a full server and a healthy population. We have some amazing things, but not a good enough core gameplay experience to be appealing enough to 70 players. If we had that, we could reliably put the project on autopilot and take the time we need to in order to recover from our burnout. Usually a full server also comes with contributions/priority queue/etc, which covers development costs (another big reason for our indefinite closing, but not one that I really want to harp on, because that can look like panhandling if done incorrectly).

So I guess the answer is yes, if we had the server that could have attracted 70 players, we could have just left it on autopilot for as long as we needed to in order to financially and physically recover. But, we didn't have that.

i hate roger

Best Dayz Server I ever played on Props to everyone on it. Best of all to the leads and developers You have all been great and a great server. Hopefully one day it could re-open.

Everyone was Amazing!

Edited by Lahoot

At the very least you guys can say you did it despite lots of memes being made about Bastion never actually releasing. I enjoyed my time here. 

mulasig.png.024640f26a2d17de7dece7551c34f908.png.81091fac32dc522cfd6b34b676e014eb.png                     

mad.jpg

man rip bastion

1 minute ago, Cipher said:

It's hard to say - constant 70 players means that the experience on the server is good enough to keep a full server and a healthy population. We have some amazing things, but not a good enough core gameplay experience to be appealing enough to 70 players. If we had that, we could reliably put the project on autopilot and take the time we need to in order to recover from our burnout. Usually a full server also comes with contributions/priority queue/etc, which covers development costs (another big reason for our indefinite closing, but not one that I really want to harp on, because that can look like panhandling if done incorrectly).

So I guess the answer is yes, if we had the server that could have attracted 70 players, we could have just left it on autopilot for as long as we needed to in order to financially and physically recover. But, we didn't have that.

Fair enough, Shame to see this happen :(

0xY4EU5.png

alright guys this is like the chicken nuggies war, let's all get permabanned!!! 

1 minute ago, post said:

alright guys this is like the chicken nuggies war, let's all get permabanned!!! 

Fucking Post

@CUDA for admin

The best experience I have ever had on DayZ. The passion, the original idea and the dedication from the team made this a server that will be almost impossible to top. Thank you. 

Damn what a shame. I spent hours on my story wanting to play this server so bad. Addiv will live on telling the stories I've heard of bastion. You guys are legends, and Legends never die. Hope to see you guys back 

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Stallion said:

The best experience I have ever had on DayZ. The passion, the original idea and the dedication from the team made this a server that will be almost impossible to top. Thank you. 

Thanks for supporting it like you did. Hopefully if we do return it will be in the form of something that is more sustainable.

1 hour ago, Driver said:

6757_Sadge.png

Same

You could keep the server open and just not develop it further

Just now, Toxic said:

You could keep the server open and just not develop it further

Would rather go out on our own terms than let it die out. We saw the writing on the wall and decided to pull the plug. If/when we come back, I think we'd be stronger for it.

RIP I had fun here...

A humble way to go about things. To be honest, all the early talks of Bastion only seemed like a meme. Watching it come to life over the last year was something that impressed me to say the least.  Iv'e seen a lot of DayZ roleplay servers come and go, and this is the only one I feel was unique from the others. I really never thought I would install this shit game ever again when I uninstalled it years ago. This project brought that old feeling back that I experienced when I first played DayZ mod. It was easy to become fully invested, and I'm glad I could be apart of it and help in any way I could. We may have come up short for now, but fuck man I never thought it would even get this far. Definitely the best experience I've had on DayZ, and I think everyone who played and/or helped develop it should give themselves a pat on the back. If it wasn't for everyone, this community would have just been another 3am Cipher meme 😉

Thanks for the experience. Hope we are back and better than ever in the future.

FDbpicW.png

o7

You did really good work @Cipher and co. You should be proud. o7 <3

o7, was fun while it lasted

Niko.png.fad1c78abbfa6e3f961146a5edbf4cea.png

Sad to see but was glad to be a part of it i remember waiting for release for over a year and when we finally got to play, it was amazing made a ton of friends and was able to even join staff and help out as much as i could which was another great experience in its self i will look out for the server returning and i will be straight back. Would just like to take a moment to thank all the mappers, devs and leads also all my other staff homies for the time and effort that was put into bastion by all of yous and was a great time sad to see it end but was a great time while it lasted and im just glad i was around to fully experience it :D 

CLA ;) 

sig.png.84857b67787585211fdbca355a366784.png

🍻

RIP Bation. I spent so much time on this server, and am sad to see it go, I really hope it comes back in future, better than ever! o7

honestly this is what yall get for being cheap and refusing to support the dev costs

everyone wants new shit added weekly but no one wants to kick in.

giphy.gif

your all ops

thank you @Cipher for fronting all the fundage for our enjoyment and I got 250 on Bastion 2.0 quote me

have a good day, aight?

Spoiler

tendies.jpg.a2a1333140faada934b21a34b02cb2f5.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler