Fragy

Player Driven Economy

Currently, civilian life is extremely lacking in content, the gameplay loop can easily be divided into two routes, good civ, where you stay within the IC law and try to do your work shifts and basically just hoard money like a greedy dragon, and a criminal life where you get some money, buy rad equipment to get weapons or even just buy weapons outright from dealers, and with those items you proceed to rob from other players or fight against the ISF. I see both of these gameplay loops is extremely lacking, and I believe is one of the larger reasons for the dwindling player population.

It is my belief that a way to increase the amount of content available to the civilian player base would be to terminate the OIM Sponsered shops (within reason) and help drive a more focused player economy, I see these businesses as the equivalent of shop owners just acquiring their stock from a kiosk, and that takes away a lot from the player experience as well from possible RP scenarios.

I thought of a number of solutions that could be implemented with varying degrees of difficulty for the development team.

SOLUTIONS

• Make it so shops need to buy the materials or products from the populace and add forms of production for those resources.

-Storage shops need to buy materials from civilians in order to produce their own stock;

-Clothing shops need to buy stock off scavengers (New items should be acquired from OIM only as a temp solution in order to determine the popularity of the new items before introducing them into the spawn pools, maybe even make the rarest items only spawn outside the bastion, hopefully, that would reduce the influx of guns into the bastion, since those items would have a large value in the market[Maybe even add a decontamination system in order to create a sort of black market economy])

-Add a system of production of canned goods, food and alcohol so civs can make factories that provide bars and restaurants with goods.

ARGUMENTS

-These changes will hopefully revive interest in the player base and an entirely new gameplay loop for both a possible enlargement of the legal and illegal market, as it will add market competition between shops, new distinct businesses instead of the current Bar(and variations), clothing shop, storage shop, and niche shop(which are almost never a viable business and mostly ran for simply RP purposes)

• It will create a more competitive market between current shops and future suppliers as well as a player-driven supply and demand market.

IS IT VIABLE

-I believe it's an entirely plausible idea since I have some experience with these business models. 

ex.:Just after the wipe a group(Brewery boys) I was part of, opened the first large container shop , our business model was simple, buy tools from scavengers, disassemble them at our workbench, make containers, sell them to the populace for profit. This worked really well and provided a good number of interesting RP situations, bit with the opening of the OIM Sponsered shop in the central plaza we lost most of our clientele as we couldn't viably compete with their prices, and sadly ended up with most of our group quitting the server out of frustration that al our grind for licenses and the acquisition of the workbench was thrown under the bus.

HOW SHOULD THE NEW SYSTEMS BE INTRODUCED

-They should be introduced via new temporary work shifts were theses mechanics will be taught to the player base. At the end of the work shift, it should be announced that licenses to run businesses like this are available to the public at a discounted price.

- OIM should keep these work shifts until the market is stabilized and should resume them is there ever is a downfall in some field (These will at least give the players and illusion that the items they are buying aren't just spawned out of thin air and that they have an influence over the market)

ThIs DoEsT FiT ThE LoRe Of ThE BaStIoN

• I believe that the alpha state should be considered by the lore team as well and that they should take in consideration the fact that a player base is the life and blood of the server and not extensive lore.

NOTE

I apologize for this last bit of sarcasm but it deeply saddens me the current state of the server.

I wrote this as a heavily shortened version of my ideas so if there are any questions you may have, comment on the thread and ill try to answer them as soon as possible.

RESPONSES

@https://bastionrp.com/profile/1976-bob-sherlock/

• I didn't intend to discredit your work, but I merely used what I thought was happening as a mere example, the larger point is to add more ways of producing goods without the need to spawn them in as a way to give the regular citizen a larger range of things to do or to aim for.

@https://bastionrp.com/profile/3008-skeeter-mcgraw/

• I understand your concern but I belive that initially, it would give the OIM a larger variety of work shifts they could do instead of the stale AION and Textile work shifts and in the long run, it would give them more time to focus on other matters such as helping establish new businesses
Edited by Fragy
Responses

Well thought out and looks great! But the only thing is OOM would loose another thing they can do. 

Hi, I own the Supermarket in the town square with some business partners but I'm the main owner/worker there and I've worked hard and long hours to get established, I do buy materials n tools off the public, I don't get materials off the OIM I only buy clothes that can't be found in the loot economy from them, they hav nothing to do with the shop other than letting me operate, it has been very quite lately and I've hardly sold anything so I haven't been able to buy many tools but if u ask around you'll find people that hav made their money from selling me tools, I'm struggling at the moment because I've rent to pay and bought loads of clothes stock as well but the players just aren't on, om sure it'll improve soon but I don't know what the answer is. 

Yes, skeeter thats true. But it also gives people a goal for the day! 

Like when the brewery boys opened their shop we would pay people by the bag of tools. When they recieved a payment for said bag (differend payment for differend size bag) they would be back in 20 min with a new bag full of tools. At one point my group had maybe 40-50 people a day selling tools to us. They were eager to make money and gave them something to do! 

As if OIM sponsers shops with metal and woodscrap, then you have 40-50 people without a goal.

Sorry Bob sherlock, i didnt know you werent sponsered!

Edited by Bazzio

great idea to make the populous create the economy without relying on the OIM for handouts or cheaper goods. +1

Любимые новинки [url=http://lostfilm.movielib-hd.com]Смотри тут![/url]

I was on about a economy revamp too, this could he somewhat of a start +1