Jake

Suggestions

Hello , 

Just a few Ideas and suggestions. Some more out there than others.  You have been warned. Please feel free to critique or expand on the ideas. 

Juggernaut suits.  - Heavy Armour that could be worn by ISF Dart Teams , or found and scavenged from outside the walls. 

Helicopters - having the ISF high command cutting about in helicopters would make sense. I know we are 10 years down the line and gas would be rather hard to come by but the ISF is a large Military / Police force. They would have access to military grade kit. It would be a quick way for the ISF to transport troops around sectors / Find people outside the walls or escaped prisoners . 

Drones - A way for the ISF to spy on people , like its a drone...

Prison - set up a prison or a rehabilitation centre for bad civilians. I don't quite know how you would want to set up the mechanics for this but just an idea. 

ISF armoured cars - speaks for its self , possibly model it off the landrover ect. 

Periodically flood the tunnels in and around the bastion depending on the weather? I understand this could be very difficult to Mod but just an idea. 

Edit: 

Make Knives more effective,  Have concealed items I.E handguns and blades very common. as you can't just cut about the bastion with an AK.  

Edited by Jake

Juggernaut suits.

I think that this is a bit overkill as it will be hard enough with the NCC having more resources and weaponry than the civilians.

Prison

Is a very good idea and could lead to some very interesting RP situations like prison breaks, gangs or riots.

Definitely support the prison and armoured cars. Drones would be cool too.

Not sure if flooded tunnels would be possible but it sounds like a good idea.

I think the helicopters and juggernaut suits would be too much. 

49 minutes ago, Jake said:

Juggernaut suits.  - Heavy Armour that could be worn by ISF Dart Teams , or found and scavenged from outside the walls. 

Yes please to this ^^

most of that seems pretty lit on the real fr. finna buss in the ISF guard posts with juggernaut armor and go ham

3 hours ago, Jake said:

- Juggernaut suits. 

Probably doable and the ISF could use something like that in extreme situations. 

- Helicopters

I don't know yet how feasible those would be to implement. We will certainly look into having some when they come, but their use would be very limited since we are in an apocalypse and fuel isn't abundant.

- Drones

We have already discussed internally of using a lot of drones, we just don't know how easy or hard it would be to implement in the game.

- Prison

I have personally always wanted jails, the problem is keeping people at least semi-entertained within them. I don't want the server to become un-fun for someone while they are there. We will look with the rest of ISF command for a way to implement something like that.

- ISF armoured cars

Yes, I would love those as well. We will check with the Devs to add something of the sort. 

- Periodically flood the tunnels in and around the bastion depending on the weather

Probably a bit too difficult to mod in, making maps is very hard with this game and changes like that can be outright impossible. But it's something we can look into and ask Zeroy. 

- Make Knives more effective

Already planned to have melee weapons be more viable, at least if the engine lets us, since it seems to be hard coded within DayZ. 

Responses in bold and italics. 

None of these are official, just my two cents on them. @Cipher manages all development endeavors so he has the final say on all of these. 

Helicopters is a cool idea, but I don't think it's feasible and also doesn't really fit given the lore. Also, prison is a neat idea and probably pretty easily modded in. Drones have been talked about and would definitely be a bitch to mod in, but possible nonetheless.