Jimmy

Job Suggestions

Hello Everyone!

While we step ever so closer to closed testing, we have been discussing quite a lot on what we wish to implement to the server. We have been constantly monitoring your suggestions on the forums and on discord and we thank you tremendously for it.  While closed-testing will focused on bugs and rule testing, there will still be loose RP testing involving ISF and Civilian interaction. 

We do want a good portion of the experience here to be handled in-game, but what are some jobs you wish to see in order to earn yourself some extra rations? Some ideas that get enough love may get special stuff added in game (buildings, supplies, clothing, etc..) If you suggestion has already been submitted, give a ration to the post or if you have a better idea, quote the original suggestion and add your own flavor.

Please format your suggestions like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job Title:

Job Description:

Anything special you wished added for it and why:

Thank you!

Job Title: Chef

Job Description: The goal of being a chef is to provide quality food to the citizen's and for the government officials. As a chef, you can provide decent meals for the civilians or provide them with the best  experience. As for government officials, you must provide the best service possible.

Anything special you wished added for it and why: On the suggestions page in discord and the forums, I made a suggestion to add a in-depth cooking mod where there are herbs and spices, different meats and vegetables, different way's of cooking said food, Combining things to get a certain food product (Garlic  Pepper + Chicken = Garlic Pepper Chicken or combining meat and vegetables to make a beautiful stew). I Feel as though food Is very limited within DayZ and with this being a full fledge society I feel as though a chef should have some crucial ingredients to give a nutritious meal to the civilians and to the government officials. 

Edited by GunRunner

Job Title: Chain gang

Job Description: Rehabilitation through forced labor. Citizens who are imprisoned for petty crimes such as theft, fighting, etc can shorten their prison time by committing to forced labor where they will be supervised by NCC officers and put to work on many different jobs throughout the bastion.

Anything special you wished added for it and why: Bomb collars? If they go too far from the supervisor it could explode or maybe script it so that if they sprint for too long it blows up.

1 hour ago, Finn said:

-snip-

That is an interesting idea. We toyed around with the IED, and it can be remotely detonated from your bag. I can see that working well with this suggestion haha

Job Title: dead people collecter

Job Description: goes around collecting and disposing of the corpses that pile up from mass starvation, disease, and murder. Kind of like the guy with the cart in monty python.

Anything special you wished added for it and why: whatever is necessary idk

Job Title: Rat Collector

Job Description:  Collect dead rats and their meat and deliver it to the NCC for testing and disease control

Anything special you wished added for it and why:  dead rats that spawn around the city that can be collected and turned in for almost nothing.  like tin can levels of nothing

Edited by Ghost of Whip

Job Title:    Game Hunter

Job Description:  One of the few most trusted citizens of the NCC. they are taken outside the walls, with a NCC guard and taken to hunt game to bring back to feed the populous. this job would be lucrative as the pelts and animal bones could be worth more.  the meat obviously would be siezed by the NCC  but black market meat dealers could exist. 

Anything special you wished added for it and why:   Ability to trade in Meat and bones to a NCC approved vendor and a nasty rat boi in the sewers

Job Title: Ration Distributor

Job Description: Distributes rations from the NCC in an organized and civilized manner based on need, merit, station in the NCC and usefulness to the NCC.

Anything special you wished added for it and why: Will provide interesting RP and the ability to have bribery and intimidation RP. I would suggest 2 players hold this position and be regulars on the server. 

Job Title: Clothing and Sales

Job Description: Someone who distributes clothing from the NCC in an organized and civilized manner based on need, merit, station in the NCC and usefulness to the NCC.

Anything special you wished added for it and why: Will provide the ability for players to use bribery and intimidation RP to gain uniforms to access certain areas or walk around unmolested or various other useful RP needs for disguises.

51 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Job Title: Public Defendant 

Job Description: Handles cases for detained civilians or civilians who are in custody after committing a crime

Anything special you wished added for it and why: Let them plead the cases to ISF members or whoever is in charge at the time so that they can continue RP the same day. "So and so will come back on ____ date for their sentencing, we would like to plead this and that, and respectfully ask the judge give  community service hours in the amount of ____" that way it can lead to lots of RP. Like someone could go on the lam after this and be hunted outside the walls by ISF or bounty hunters or whatever, gives the Public Defendant something to consistently do, and gives more credence to capturing a criminal alive as opposed to feeling like you NEED to kill them every time. 

This would be cool only if we had a "set of laws", and maybe it was more in-depth in terms of legal defense.

1353767871_giphy(5).gif.185fd5cc87bbb463d3c7b222b2123451.gif

Job Title: Shop Keeper/trader

Job Description: 

53 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Job Title: Public Defendant 

Job Description: Handles cases for detained civilians or civilians who are in custody after committing a crime

Anything special you wished added for it and why: Let them plead the cases to ISF members or whoever is in charge at the time so that they can continue RP the same day. "So and so will come back on ____ date for their sentencing, we would like to plead this and that, and respectfully ask the judge give  community service hours in the amount of ____" that way it can lead to lots of RP. Like someone could go on the lam after this and be hunted outside the walls by ISF or bounty hunters or whatever, gives the Public Defendant something to consistently do, and gives more credence to capturing a criminal alive as opposed to feeling like you NEED to kill them every time. 

I certainly foresee this being a big one, with the 'civilian government' in place with a player elected mayor and other staff, it would be quite an interesting role to play!

1 minute ago, Hex said:

I certainly foresee this being a big one, with the 'civilian government' in place with a player elected mayor and other staff, it would be quite an interesting role to play!

i dont  , NCC punishment shouldnt be up for debate. 

the appearance of total control cannot be broken

Edited by Ghost of Whip

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Whip said:

i dont  , NCC punishment shouldnt be up for debate. 

the appearance of total control cannot be broken

A valid point. 

Job Title: Delivery 

Job Description: With how big the city is I assume that there will be multiple ration distributions points with one main factory. I think having citizens work as delivery runners dropping off rations to each point this could lead to many possibilities for both those that work for the NCC and those against.

Anything special you wished added for it and why: Not really

Job Title: Food packer / Farmer

Job Description: Depending how we have rations we can  have either people getting the rations and packing them or farming the food for the city to eat

Anything special you wished added for it and why: Maybe areas for farms?

Job Title: Newsman

Job Description: State propaganda is an integral part of the NCC's authoritarian ideology, and as such, the distribution of regulated press and propaganda is a job upon itself. Characters in this line of work could write news articles for forum pages, do interviews, and host radio shows. 

Anything special you wished added for it and why: A special subforum for the news articles

Job Title: Peacekeeper

Job Description: Provides security in the bastion and is authorized to punish but not capital punishment

Anything special you wished added for it and why: Civil or specific peacekeeper uniform, lethal and less than lethal weaponry

Quote: "May lady space have mercy on you because I will NOT" -Aron Gordon

Job Title: Construction Worker

Job Description: Players are either hired or allocated the job as punishment. It involves using the base buliding element of DayZ to expand and create outposts for the NCC which can be used when patrolling outside the walls

Anything special you wished added for it and why: Nothing comes to mind, perhaps better construction mods?

On 10/10/2019 at 2:32 AM, Aron73 said:

Job Title: Peacekeeper

Job Description: Provides security in the bastion and is authorized to punish but not capital punishment

Anything special you wished added for it and why: Civil or specific peacekeeper uniform, lethal and less than lethal weaponry

So you mean the NCC?  thats why there are already applications for that.  

jeeze 

Sorry must have misst that

Quote: "May lady space have mercy on you because I will NOT" -Aron Gordon

On 10/9/2019 at 6:17 PM, Radio said:

Job Title: Ration Distributor

Job Description: Distributes rations from the NCC in an organized and civilized manner based on need, merit, station in the NCC and usefulness to the NCC.

Anything special you wished added for it and why: Will provide interesting RP and the ability to have bribery and intimidation RP. I would suggest 2 players hold this position and be regulars on the server. 

I like this idea but I would think a member of the NCC would have this role, I doubt they would trust a civi with this kind of power.

Job Title: Teacher

Job Description: Person assigned to teach the civilians how to read, write, ect. If they don't know how to do it already. Along with teaching new comers to the Bastions how to behave and act.

Anything special you wished added for it and why: Could be a fun way for new players to come in, and get some information about the place. An what is expected of them in this certain bastion.

Job Title: Host/Hostess

Job Description: This somewhat goes with the above job idea. A person who welcomes new members to the bastions and gives them a tour of the city. Answer questions they might have. They would spend some days with them, after that they are on their own. They would also show them jobs and so on they could have and hold.

Anything special you wished added for it and why: It should be for a person who is higher in regards to NCC approval. Someone they trust, that will hopefully keep the new comers in check.

Job Title: Doctor

Job Description: I am sure this one has already been thought about, but a doctor or a nurse. Even a small clinic would be interesting to have.

Anything special you wished added for it and why: , I know some probably will make a clinic anyway. But maybe a NCC run one, that pays more rations if they work for them instead of at their on leisure. Monopolizing the doctors probably would make it harder for the unrully civs to start fights. If the doctors are under NCC control. 

Edited by Aiko

On 10/10/2019 at 1:47 AM, Minecraft Steve said:

Job Title: Rat Collector

Job Description:  Collect dead rats and their meat and deliver it to the NCC for testing and disease control

Anything special you wished added for it and why:  dead rats that spawn around the city that can be collected and turned in for almost nothing.  like tin can levels of nothing

Personally I'm against any sort of grindy mechanics for profit. People will inevitably grind for rations to gain a house or pimp it out and it will be a detriment to RP.

Just look at ArkRP. Not sure if still active, but when I played 90% of the server was busy gathering supplies or taming Dino's.  The amount of RP was almost nonexistent and the quality of it was often very poor.

Edited by K-Jack

1 hour ago, K-Jack said:

Personally I'm against any sort of grindy mechanics for profit. People will inevitably grind for rations to gain a house or pimp it out and it will be a detriment to RP.

Just look at ArkRP. Not sure if still active, but when I played 90% of the server was busy gathering supplies or taming Dino's.  The amount of RP was almost nonexistent and the quality of it was often very poor.

listen Kjack im gonna collect rats.  Im gonna eat them and forge a rat empire that one day you will be forced into 

Real Rat Bois

2 hours ago, Minecraft Steve said:

listen Kjack im gonna collect rats.  Im gonna eat them and forge a rat empire that one day you will be forced into 

Real Rat Bois

Rats are now extinct as part of the lore. Checkmate liberals.

3 hours ago, K-Jack said:

Rats are now extinct as part of the lore. Checkmate liberals.

i will become a rat

17 hours ago, Aiko said:

I like this idea but I would think a member of the NCC would have this role, I doubt they would trust a civi with this kind of power.

Throughout modern history they give this job to EXTREMELY low ranking party members or civilians. Nazi Germany, USSR and China to name a few.