AidanVC

Remove Custom Sway

I know this is a touchy subject - I just plead you hear me out here.

The custom sway, in a perfect world is really cool.  A lot of us have kind of gotten used to it - some haven't.  But I don't think there's a single time that anyone hasn't been overall just annoyed by it and how much more fun things could be without it. I understand it's purpose, its just so dramatic. Every gun, moves like it weighs 40 pounds. On one hand there's the "untrained civilians" argument as to why the guns would behave that way, but on the other even trained professionals like isf cant aim down sights for more than five seconds without losing their breath and wheezing like a fat man at the end of a 5k.  shooting without ads is damn near impossible because of the massive circular sway you get, even with guns like shotguns, and ADSing becomes very difficult to do aswell because of how long and slow it is.  Especially the past few weeks, with the massive uprising roleplay and large amount of firefights, this sway has just been cancer. The massive lag in some parts of the bastion combined with the sway script sometimes just makes fights a left click and pray to god something happens 90% of the time. I think that it would not make PVP "too easy" or make people prioritize frags or gunfights anymore that there currently is now if we just TRIED the vanilla dayz system.  I think it would eliminate a lot of frustration in regards to shooting and firefights - which has a massive place on this server. 

Let me know your guys thoughts. Please don't hate for making this suggestion.

Aww man, I dont know. I love that sway personally :(

If they remove it I will become my old self and will use this server to PVP instead of RP... But my other side wants them to remove it so I can return to my old ways...

1 minute ago, Jared said:

will use this server to PVP instead of RP

You already do that anyway. 

1 minute ago, Strider said:

You already do that anyway. 

You just hate me cuz I'm coming for your women @Panic

But actually change it I want to have a PVP war that last months... RP boys vs CLA/ Bhood boys

Just now, Jared said:

But actually change it I want to have a PVP war that last months... RP boys vs CLA/ Bhood boys

HANDS HANDS HANDS HANDS HANDS HANDS

I dont wanna be that guy, but lets try to keep it on topic from now on fellers.

1 hour ago, Jared said:

If they remove it I will become my old self and will use this server to PVP instead of RP... But my other side wants them to remove it so I can return to my old ways...

🧢

@Jaredis only agreeing with admins because he doesn't want to get banned in the recent report :)

Remove the sway.  It's not realistic in any way shape or form.

1 hour ago, Jared said:

Get my name out of your mouth boy. You aint coming for shit.

No harm done Tony, please just try to lighten up. No one is asking you to be that guy.

To stay on topic, the sway could be reduced a tad, but it's really not that awful. Simulates what the average joe's accuracy would be would they just pick up a rifle imo.

Could be reduced a little but, I am for keeping it for the most part. It IMO does keep this place from being PVP over RP a nice balance.

The sway results in longer firefights and prevents people from pulling a 1v20 on ISF or anybody else for that matter.  If the sway is removed then there are certain people that will NEVER lose a fight and other people who would NEVER win a fight.

0e112ed8af0cc0dff8b1bd22b06d823e.png

39 minutes ago, xanax said:

The sway results in longer firefights and prevents people from pulling a 1v20 on ISF or anybody else for that matter.  If the sway is removed then there are certain people that will NEVER lose a fight and other people who would NEVER win a fight.

Pretty much that.

1 hour ago, xanax said:

This ^

I agree with the sway, Just maybe reduce the amount?

0xY4EU5.png

I think it needs to be reduced a lot. I understand what it's going for but all it's doing for me is making it more annoying to have a gun than anything. It's not more challenging, it's certainly not more realistic, it's just feels like what it must feel like for someone like @Peaches to hold a gun (125lbs btw) but for the rest of us, that just seems odd. 

I think whatever whoooshing effects are currently on the guns should be halved. 

mulasig.png.024640f26a2d17de7dece7551c34f908.png.81091fac32dc522cfd6b34b676e014eb.png                     

5 minutes ago, Mula said:

It's not more challenging, it's certainly not more realistic

Well your first point is cap, anybody will tell you that it is harder to shoot something with the sway than it is with default DayZ sway.  🧢

Second part though that it isn't more realistic, don't think anybody is going for realism with the sway.  Anybody who has held and fired a gun before will tell you that realistic recoil is actually minimal.  The only time recoil would notably affect the aim of your weapon is if you're not holding it right.  If we are arguing for realistic recoil and sway then let's argue for the removal of it altogether.

1 minute ago, xanax said:

I hate recoil and stinky new sway, let's argue for the removal of it altogether.

Agreed!

mulasig.png.024640f26a2d17de7dece7551c34f908.png.81091fac32dc522cfd6b34b676e014eb.png                     

Just now, Mula said:

Agreed!

Stop it!  You KNOW that's not what my message was!  You're purposefully misinterpreting my post!

What could be done to make gunfights more realistic is remove the sway and find a mod that doesnt zoom in when you ADS cause that is the ridiculous part of it. The sway is totally bad and most people atleast in IC have firearm experience. The sway should be removed so people actually stand a chance at fighting back.

just dont make it so aids when your trying to aim

The sway is great. The three levels, standing, kneeling and prone all are honestly awesome. It makes it a lot more difficult in fights, or as many people say “oh this is so AIDS”. I will say it, this is way closer to a real firefight than not. The heavy sway after running, the emphasis on taking positive cover, using every advantage you can rather than just sprinting and spraying. It all fits in the server. With hardcore back packs, and 1PP, the gun sway is absolutely money. You can’t hop on Bastion and just frag like a king, gotta be a real king to frag 😎😎😎😎😎 

While the custom weapon overhaul makes for a new learning curve it's part of the experience here at Bastion RP. The server is still in development and things are subject to change, however, this won't be one of them 

/Closed 

704b95ad5b85761a985b25081aa9b5a3.png.d9fc0f3d0b0326d7d6691d3bdf679f49.png

9b48009cc0db9896157d2a424e23829a.png

b7e0865e30b8a5bf5ab29780970df8dc.png