Mula

Literally just wipe the server early and give a date

Announcing a wipe that may or may not be happening on a day that we don't know but also super early in advance was a bad idea, we've established this so I won't go over that, but now that we're already at that bridge why don't we literally just wipe it in the next couple days? There's no real point in not doing it. Literally just slap a date on it, say it's happening, and do it. Half the people that aren't playing don't know if there's a wipe coming or not, or when it's coming, or what is even being wiped. It's not a supremely complicated thing honestly. 

"Hi we're wiping on Wednesday the 30th so get your shit ready, we'll be wiping at 12pm EST and we'll be wiping Character inventories, buildings, and whatever. gg losers lol." 

My point is there's at least 20-25 people that would be active players right now, at least 6 that I know of personally, that aren't playing because they're semi bored and don't really know when or if the wipe is happening or what's being wiped. There's no point in beating around the bush anymore. I personally haven't played in a few days either because it's kinda stale, and i'm waiting on a wipe that I don't know when or if it is happening. Anyone against a wipe right now can frankly shove it lol, unless the big update is happening within a week, there's no real purpose in holding off on it much longer. 

mulasig.png.024640f26a2d17de7dece7551c34f908.png.81091fac32dc522cfd6b34b676e014eb.png                     

We are holding off on it because we are leaning into a Bastion Launch v2. Understandably, we launched the server at 40% of what we wanted to because of the hype we had leading up to the launch date set by Cipher. We considered this time an ALPHA. So RP, mechanics, economy, and the rules still need tweaking. Here are some of the changes we are shooting for when we re-launch

-Wiping the server

-Update the loot tables

-Update the traders

-Radiation Mod Overhaul

-Map Update

-New Rules/Regulations

-Potential stricter whitelist.

All of these things take time, and we want to make sure it all works. If we start dripping these things in, we might encounter other issues that rise because of unfinished supplementary mods. Wiping the server won't fix anything if the loot economy is still fucked. The loot will continue to be easy to find if the radiation mod isn't complete etc...

If people do not want to play because of the wipe, I completely understand, but there is plenty to do if you put your mind to it. Especially with how messed up everything is, it definitely provides a jump start for people who want to work within the system or get a name out there before everyone has nothing. The server is truly what you make of it, and I hope people are patient with us!

I agree my friend, wipe it all now and rewipe when the map is ready. It's Alpha so fuck it.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I agree my friend, wipe it all now and rewipe when the map is ready. It's Alpha so fuck it.

if we wipe now and people know a update map would force another wipe, people wont get on till that second wipe.

Honestly I understand the staff fucked up mentioning a wipe before we even remotely had a date, but the attitude from the community has been extremely disappointing in response. There is no planned date but people cant fathom playing cause "MUH GEAR", even though it wont be a lore wipe and characters can progress all the same in this period.

Seems people are still stuck in the Gear = RP mentality from conventional dayz roleplay and it's really disheartening. 

15 minutes ago, K-Jack said:

if we wipe now and people know a update map would force another wipe, people wont get on till that second wipe.

Honestly I understand the staff fucked up mentioning a wipe before we even remotely had a date, but the attitude from the community has been extremely disappointing in response. There is no planned date but people cant fathom playing cause "MUH GEAR", even though it wont be a lore wipe and characters can progress all the same in this period.

Seems people are still stuck in the Gear = RP mentality from conventional dayz roleplay and it's really disheartening. 

I mean when you make a caste system based around an economy and people arent just making roleplay out of nothing compared to conventional dayzrp, I can see why people would see no point in playing till a solid wipe. Not quite sure why they would want to otherwise. For example I could progress my business and how much stuff we sell but in reality it's gonna wipe so I have no reason to put the effort in. Not to mention walking around and doing the exact same recycled RP with the same 20 people in town square isn't the most entertaining thing when it's all I have to do. Though ultimately this is all just my opinion.

kUWd10k.png

28 minutes ago, K-Jack said:

people cant fathom playing cause "MUH GEAR",.

Sheesh talk about disappointing attitudes. It's not about gear, I'm waiting for the wipe because the wipe would do the opposite, it would take away a lot of the gear and make things fresher and less aids in the slums and all that again. I don't know where you gathered that myself and people who are also waiting for the wipe are worried about "gear" from. Perhaps you should look at your own attitude regarding the wipe. 

Wipe = Slums not filled to the brim with stash houses full of guns

No stash houses = power vacuum/ fun actual SLUM RP we had the first week or so of the server 

Return to basics of slum RP = Me want to get on a lot more 

mulasig.png.024640f26a2d17de7dece7551c34f908.png.81091fac32dc522cfd6b34b676e014eb.png                     

I wasn't talking to you specifically. I know dozens of people that have openly stated they wont play until the wipe, and said this once the wipe was mentioned on forums. Thats the people I am referring to.

Considering the server pop was halved the days following the word "wipe" was said, regardless of there being no date attached to it, I dont think its far-fetched assumption.

1 minute ago, K-Jack said:

I wasn't talking to you specifically. I know dozens of people that have openly stated they wont play until the wipe, and said this once the wipe was mentioned on forums. Thats the people I am referring to.

Considering the server pop was halved the days following the word "wipe" was said, regardless of there being no date attached to it, I dont think its far-fetched assumption.

I disagree, I think people are just waiting for a wipe and the fixes it brings. Gear isn't even that relevant of an issue in the Bastion, I just don't see that many people holding off on playing because they won't have a stash house anymore. I think it's the opposite, those people specifically are probably more active now because they want to use their stuff while they have it. 

Yeah, we probably don't want to treat the server like a messy stool left over after an ordeal on a toilet. If we wipe, and wipe, and wipe too often in a shot amount of time.. We'll develop stress and possibly even tears. Like Jimmy said, we're working on a massive content update to make the wipe worth it. It may be boring, but we think it'll be aiight.

9 minutes ago, Tony Stark said:

Yeah, we probably don't want to treat the server like a messy stool left over after an ordeal on a toilet. If we wipe, and wipe, and wipe too often in a shot amount of time.. We'll develop stress and possibly even tears. Like Jimmy said, we're working on a massive content update to make the wipe worth it. It may be boring, but we think it'll be aiight.

I've been thinking of ass wiping jokes for like the past 10 minutes and you just ripped the carpet out from under me.

Server has been pretty stale lately. I'll login walk around looking for people to interact with but I end up seeing the same 20 people doing the same thing everyday. OIM isn't very active and the new AION packaging work shift is just horribly boring and crowded and shitty and terrible. Whatever is necessary to spice of the server I'm for it by all means. Server wipe would definitely be a good start.

Edited by Driver

47faba10a5724a2b376c96d7472ed8eb.jpg.47b77d62ecd25e3382f4b6e289e05d38.jpg

Since we have given a date and have begun preparing for Alpha 2, I think this can be closed now.