Stes

Pagans - A Concept

vlcsnap-2018-06-06-15h05m54s445.jpg

Spoiler

2027 saw the beginning of a new age for mankind. A torn and twisted world, where only few lucky individuals found shelter withing the Bastions produced by the NCC. Not everyone got a ticket in.  So what of those who are  not welcomed in the NCC lands? What happened to those outsiders?

Beyond the obvious of death and disease, there are some who still roam the lands. Altered, twisted from the landscape they now live in. Radiation sickness, food rationing, starvation. The life inside the Bastion, although miserable is nothing compared to life outside the Bastion.

Outside the Walls

Different cultures across the vast lands under control of the NCC lead to a mix of cultures and nationalities within the walls, being transported to and from different Bastions. However the same cannot be said for those poor survivors who linger outside the sanctity of the Bastions. BKG-023, Korolograd. Eastern European sub cultures surrounded the lands prior to the raising of the Bastion. Your typical small town surroundings. Farming villages, ship workers... just normal people with normal jobs. That was until 21 April 2027. When the bombs dropped, hysteria and chaos reigned supreme upon the initial days. Nothing compared to the days, the years that followed. Starvation, sickness, nuclear fallout. A recipe that lead many to a gruesome and untimely deaths. 

Though, as quoted in an infamous movie; life finds a way. And so it has outside the walls. From dangerous packs of mutated animals, to mindless Virulents wandering about. There will still those strong enough to survive off the scraps of the land. Fighting for their life everyday. Simple things can kill you. A small cut can turn gangrene. Radiation is still rampant and doing the damage to all those who come near it, regardless of how exposed they've been throughout the years. Wolves tearing humans to shreds, starved just as the humans are. 

Paganism on the Rise

halloween_sweden-edited.png?w=350&h=200&

A resorted to the old days of the Eastern European culture, some of these wanderers took upon the ancient paganist religions of the region. The stress of the apocalypse broke many into blindly following packs. Taking upon beliefs, and easily being twisted into the image of these individuals who seek strength and power outside the walls. Hermits who only associate within themselves, mostly in their native languages, but as of lately the language has devolved. Years of communicating from behind gas masks managed to turn the locals, especially those born after the bombs dropped, to become unrecognizable to civilization. Going back to the roots of the lands and treating the nuclear bombs and fallout as punishment from the gods for malpractice and ignorance.

The years went by, more and more locals either joining these 'cults', or being robbed, killed, or eaten by these cults. Those that remained were savage animals, husks of a human. They spend their days aimlessly looking for scraps to salvage from the old world. Foraging, hunting, primal occupations that are now required to survive. The ISF do not take kind to these peoples. They know of the dangers, most of these savages are armed, battle hardened. 

Note: This is a concept of a character, and perhaps a small group of characters who may roam about the lands surrounding the walls. Nothing official in a group standards, simply people to push RP outside the walls beyond a firefight. If taken by ISF, are very welcomed to be publicly executed and PK'd by the ISF. Any comments, questions, etc. are welcome and encouraged. If you're interested in playing alongside me on this character, DM and we may be able to work something out. 

RP focus on the community is INSIDE the walls.  I'm aware of the 'boredom' it can come with, but I think an external """human"""  threat when civilians and pathfinders leave the walls would be cool.

kiss

Edited by Stes

I think RP outside is hard to come by, Youd be surprised how small a proportion  of the  server is actually outside at any given moment.

I like the idea of a pagan group but in order to work without staff help (ESP or stuff spawned in for them) it would likely need to be a mixture of inside and out. 

I'd definitely be down for this. Bonus points if I can blast this over VOIP incessantly.

This is a really cool idea, I hope this becomes a thing

I strongly admire religious ideas due to them adding more diverse rp scenarios, so I support this. However I also agree with K-Jack in that it would be very difficult to live outside.

Former loremaster Sylva here.

There is only one way I could see this working, and that would be to turn this into even more dystopia. Hitler and the Nazis relied heavily on Pagan germanic iconology and lore for their theories of Aryan superiority. If the NCC took paganism and spun it in a way that promoted unity and solidarity with the state, or just "western good, china bad" then I could see a reason for it to be officially endorsed. Otherwise, its just something that while very interesting, makes absolutely no sense for the NCC or the server.

Still, you've written an interesting piece here and I encourage you to continue brainstorming. 

14 hours ago, Sylva said:

Former loremaster Sylva here.

There is only one way I could see this working, and that would be to turn this into even more dystopia. Hitler and the Nazis relied heavily on Pagan germanic iconology and lore for their theories of Aryan superiority. If the NCC took paganism and spun it in a way that promoted unity and solidarity with the state, or just "western good, china bad" then I could see a reason for it to be officially endorsed. Otherwise, its just something that while very interesting, makes absolutely no sense for the NCC or the server.

Still, you've written an interesting piece here and I encourage you to continue brainstorming. 

These would be inhabitants outside the wall. Shunned  by the NCC. Basically; the whole point of this idea would to be a threat outside the wall, somewhat of a deterrent for the average citizen  to traverse the forests surrounding the Bastion as they may become spotlight in the next Pagan ritual...

I totally back this i would love to be involved think its a great idea 

+1 add to the rp