Cipher

SITREP 012 | 9/5/2020 | Rats

4XKb0du.png

Hello BastionRP community members! Welcome to our 12th SITREP - our first SITREP after launch. 

Let me just say.. holy shit. The level of support and interest this project has garnered upon launch has massively, massively exceeded our expectations. To share some player stats: we've gained over 1000 members since our launch on the 21st (which exceeds our member count for all of our months previous, combined), and we've hit our current population maximum (70 out of 70) 6 days out of 7 this past week. Finally, your consistent activity on the game servers has propelled our spot in the Battlemetrics community server listings from a spot in the hundreds all the way to #57 globally at the time of writing this. Seeing the immense amount of support for the project we've all worked so hard on has been in equal parts fulfilling, motivating, and terrifying. More than anything, though, we are grateful to those who choose to spend their free time playing on the server and enjoying themselves. That's something truly special to us, and I can personally say that there's no feeling quite like it. Thanks again.

Alright, sap's over. Let's get down to business.

Sewer Rats

Any sewer rats in the house?

We didn't quite get it all done for launch, but we're glad we didn't rush things. Outside of fixing various map issues that community members have found (most players knew at least one way out of the Bastion by day 3), our mapping team (@K-Jack @CUDA @marvolo @Jimmy) have been extremely hard at work to create Korolgrad's underground - completing the full realization of our original vision for the city of Korolgrad. It's a labyrinth of decommissioned sewer tunnels, natural cave-ins, and abandoned metro railways, interspersed with plenty of RP hotspots varying from tiny offshoot rooms and hiding spots to full underground communities (think Metro 2033). A picture speaks a thousand words, so don't let me keep you any longer - check out the first look of our Underground V1.

sP873Qm.jpg

WN7M1jr.jpg

zbYXh6I.jpg

jGPsC9Y.png

LsG1oMc.jpg

f4QATrM.jpg

HbjGE1e.jpg

Ww0ZYID.jpg

kdowd5w.png

NRhY4FS.jpg

We are extremely excited to reveal the rest of the sewers to you when the Underground update releases.

Development Timelines

If you've been active over the past couple of weeks, you've probably seen at least one or two of our recent Patch Notes. We know that these early days have a lot of rough edges, and playing through these issues can sometimes be a frustrating endeavor. To offset this, our development team is working hard daily to make sure that we are fixing the myriad of issues that crop up, as well as add new functionality and assets to help facilitate RP and hold over players until our next major release. Here are just some of the highlights of what we've accomplished.

• Various major bugfixes to core functionality, including Banking, MultiCharacter, Radiation, and more 
  • Multitude of new clothing items and retextures for both ISF and Civil
  • New construction and crafting objects and recipes
  • ISF optimizations (new and improved gear to make the jobs of the ISF easier)
  • Added new compactor functionality to allow players to earn income in an automated fashion

We appreciate the people who have been consistent in their reporting of issues as well as everyone who has suggested potential fixes, changes, or additions to benefit the community. We want to ensure that we are being as forthcoming as possible regarding development, and we want to also ensure that you know your suggestions are being heard, discussed, and, in many cases, implemented into the project.

One thing that we can share with you now are some of our development priorities - what we are focusing on fixing or changing now, as well as what we're looking at a few weeks down the line. Here's an overview.

Immediately

• Fixing all Multicharacter related issues (accidental or exploitable duping, items not being saved, potential sync issues related to admin tools, etc.)
  • Making sure Banking is at a 100% reliable state - meaning that everyone is reliably getting their level of Universal Basic Income at the correct intervals.
  • Content - making sure all citizens of Korolgrad feel that they have something to progress towards (specifically for the non-criminal side of roleplay). This is multifaceted, and includes things like:
    • Reliable and relatively simple ways of generating income (grinding) - the compactor is only one method of income generation we are working on
    • Story-based and repeatable quests as a side activity during off-peak, low activity hours
    • The Office of Internal Management - Player-run staff faction to facilitate civilian activities, like businesses and law-abiding professions

2-4 Weeks

• MultiCharacter refactor - increasing efficiency of the mod and hopefully wiping out any remaining bugs
  • Radiation overhaul - adding more depth to the system, making radiation zone and personal radiation values more consistent
  • Map update to add Underground areas and fix other outstanding issues

Finally, we want to open the floor to you: what would you like to see from us to get insight into our development process? Is a roadmap the best way forward? Would you prefer more direct community meetings? Twitch streams? Any suggestions you have in this regard would be appreciated.

Community Spotlight

We're going to start a community spotlight in our SITREPs - this is a place to showcase the awesome content that our community members have been making - from live streams to YouTube videos to fan art and screenshots and everything in between. Fortunately, we've had some amazing engagement from some pretty prominent faces that I'd like to showcase today - starting with @Nezar's video series documenting he and his group's rise to prominence in the slums (with an incredible cliffhanger to boot).

Next, I'd like to call some attention to @Bangkok Stallion's recent streams on our server, which have been a joy to watch. I've linked one of my personal favorite moments, featuring @Jared and @Jimmy coercing Bangkok Stallion and company out of their stash house. Twitch embeds suck, so here's a direct link instead.

Finally, I'd like to show off some excellent screenshot work done by none other than @Dexter and @Nev. Don't be surprised if you see these show up in some of our official communications or our homepage soon.

Od9m9q1.png

0ky95u7.jpg

Great work to everyone listed. If you've got content that you've made that you'd like to see featured... share it! Post your work to our Discord and our Forums and it's highly likely you'll see it up here.

Staff Feedback

The last thing that we'd like to make note of is our new Staff Feedback forum - feel free to leave any member of staff feedback, good or bad, as long as it's constructive. This community thrives off of interaction, critique, and feedback - and our staff team is no different.

We're gonna get back to work now - thanks again for all of the support that you've all been showing us on the Discord, Forums, and In-Game - your support, feedback, and activity is a giant morale boost to the team. Keep playing, keep suggesting, keep providing feedback. We'll keep preparing for our next big release. Until next time.

🐀🐀🐀

Looks Great!

Edited by Joe

Are you still doing these?

Been a while Mack

Our new home is looking goooood

arshz.png?width=400&height=80

hell yea bay beee.... fawkin sewer rats... it's time baby...

This is sexy 

👏

Can't wait to spit on disgusting sewer goblins, 10/10.

Class G heaven BB

This is Brotherhood territory, y'all better prepare tax.

23 minutes ago, Dushan said:

This is Brotherhood territory, y'all better prepare tax.

1922805282_Webp.net-resizeimage(2).png.bcdb6f2eb520c7e8802fc92b23a7c183.png

Anyways, looks good @Cipher. I'm excited for the content update and everything else listed here. Particularly new things to do that aren't criminal RP. 

mulasig.png.024640f26a2d17de7dece7551c34f908.png

Great stuff all round, as always!

There is plenty of room for everyone down in the sewers. 🤠

🦋

The sewer will be a wonderful addition to the map, bringing a added extra flavor.  I look forward to seeing the additions.

Me keeping an eye out for ISF so I dont get Civ points taken for being down there

200.gif

FDbpicW.png

the... what tunnels?.. 😳

Spoiler

is-for-me.jpg 

Edited by Stes

Inc Tunnel Snakes? But this project has really flourished, it's something so many people are enjoying including myself, we appreciate all of the work everyone is doing!

Cprl. Dalton and Lt. Medvedev on the case 😎

Edited by Jared

Holy shit this is epic. 

Great work team

960627326_Jimbanner.jpg.fc7d8f0002af2fedf43a2c8d4d7d3d12.jpg

The sewers will be wonderful, aslong as we get our TAX

Already looking forward to the wars that’ll occur in the sewers. 

Who will be king rat 🐀 haha looks and sounds awesome 👌 

I smell city bois in the sewers.