Stix

New Bastion

When the bastion was quite new guns and weapons were very rare and only the biggest gangs had them. Now everyone runs round with guns and full combat uniform My suggestion is to refresh the server by destroying the current bastion and making a new map/bastion with new mechanics and exit routes. You could also add this to the lore. Perhaps the zombies overran the bastion and the ISF began to evacuate higher class civilians and make it into a massive server wide event ending with either your character living or dying? This could also be a monthly bi-monthly or quarterly thing where the bastions switch/ change. It is also currently very easy to escape the bastion and get guns, my original love for the server was how hardcore and difficult it was.

Tl;dr The server is full of people with guns, destroy the current bastion in a event and move to a new one.

We are only two weeks into the server. Wiping the server after just two weeks is kind of excessive.

The map is having some huge updates coming, adding some new locations for people to be able to explore and the guns spawns are slowly being tweeked to balance out.

DayZ Loot is very hard to balance and get to a stable spawn rate so it will take some time. 

52 minutes ago, cole10.taylor@gmail.com said:

My suggestion is to refresh the server by destroying the current bastion and making a new map/bastion with new mechanics and exit routes. You could also add this to the lore. 

Do you know how long this server has been under development and how long it took to build the map itself? Do you know how many devs busted their asses for a year to get here? I don't understand how destroying the map and everything helps guns over spawning... Why not just wipe characters and call it a day? Why undo a year's worth of dev work to get rid of guns?

banner1.thumb.png.4c3a1a8bd1b4a5c2607e8a238e537eb5.png

992cf64faafde0cd2e047c536b01d0d1.png

I mean in the future. I'm sorry if this suggestion offended you. But the loot isn't the main focus of the suggestion. Sine the bastion is very dense over the next few months it may become quite stale or a new change may be refreshing or potentially a rotating of three bastions or more could be used in the future with different distinctions and qualities.

You don't see what is going on behind the scenes so I will tell you. 

We currently have alot of stuff being added to the server to help with that. The next big update on the map is going to add new ways for people to get out. The things we are adding are going to be adding more outlets for roleplay. I'm not offended by your suggestion, I just don't see it being a realistic way to help people who are bored after a couple weeks of being open. There is a lot coming to the server. The problem is, just what I said. It's the first week and not everything the Devs and staff wanted to be on the server is there yet. Changes are coming. You just have to be patient. 

@cole10.taylor@gmail.com It didn't offend me but honestly speaking about tearing down the bastion less than a month in might offend the devs.

If you're feeling stale, make an alt. RP with new people. Trying working out something new to contribute. 

banner1.thumb.png.4c3a1a8bd1b4a5c2607e8a238e537eb5.png

992cf64faafde0cd2e047c536b01d0d1.png

18 minutes ago, cole10.taylor@gmail.com said:

I mean in the future. I'm sorry if this suggestion offended you. But the loot isn't the main focus of the suggestion. Sine the bastion is very dense over the next few months it may become quite stale or a new change may be refreshing or potentially a rotating of three bastions or more could be used in the future with different distinctions and qualities.

Hey there man, I'm one of the folks that work on the map. I can not give a definitive date but our next update for the map will be quite large and should greatly reduce the flow of weapons into the bastion. A new map is most definitely not on the table for the foreseeable future but me and the other folks working on the map will be working hard to add fun and interesting additions that contribute to making the Bastion and surrounding areas fun and fresh.

🦋

making a new map

you're out of your god damn mind

@CUDADo you mind scrapping the entire sewer system you're building and instead build an entire new map? K thx

7 minutes ago, Riggs said:

@CUDADo you mind scrapping the entire sewer system you're building and instead build an entire new map? K thx

+1 Like I know it took you guys like a year @CUDA but seriously, just scrap it, make a new one in like a week or two. Mapping in Dayz standalone is really easy. 

mulasig.png.024640f26a2d17de7dece7551c34f908.png.81091fac32dc522cfd6b34b676e014eb.png                     

I think it suffices to say that this will not be happening, at least for quite some time.

Declined