Table Of Contents
2. Terms and Conditions
3. Contributor Packs
4. Where Contributions Go
5. How To Contribute
This is an all-inclusive guide and FAQ for anyone who has contributed, or is looking to contribute to, BastionRP and its development. We appreciate every one of our contributors for, well, their financial contributions to the continued success of BastionRP. It is not our intention to mislead anyone, so we have created this guide to explain how to purchase a Contributor Pack, what you get by purchasing a Contributor Pack, and what exactly your contribution goes towards.
But first, we need to lay down some terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BastionRP, like all reputable communities, is built on a foundation of trust between the community members and owners. This extends to the "Store" section notice, which may affect your Contributor Pack.
All purchases made on an account are permanently and irrevocably tied to the account. They are not transferable. If you would like to purchase something for someone else, please use the Gift Card functionality.
If you are having technical issues, please contact us via putting in a support ticket or posting a thread in the "Support" section of the forums. Similarly, if you find an issue with your purchase and would like to request a refund, please contact us before charging back via PayPal or your bank. We will refund any transactions within a 7-day period, no questions asked. Any refunds past this point are not guaranteed, although we may refund transactions if given a reasonable explanation. Please note that any chargebacks via PayPal or your bank will result in a permanent suspension of your ability to purchase Contributor Packages on the BastionRP site, and repeated chargeback attempts will result in an immediate and permanent ban from all BastionRP services.
If you do not find all of these terms and conditions of your purchase agreeable, then please do not purchase our Contributor Packages.
BastionRP offers seven Contributor Packs, with prices ranging from $10 to $250. Each tier of Contributor Pack unlocks perks and website functionality on the BastionRP website.
Resident is the least expensive of our Contributor Packs, at $10 to purchase. Resident unlocks basic features such as the Signatures functionality, (which allows users to add unique unique lines of text, images, and/or links below every post), and Cover Photos, which can be applied on a user's profile.
In total, Resident:
- Unlocks Signatures
- Unlocks Cover Photos, with a starting maximum size of 1000KB
- Increases the maximum dimensions of user avatars from 100x100 to 125x125
- Increases the avatar size from 100KB to 300KB
- Increases the total storage space from 10MB to 30MB
- Increases the maximum rations one can give per day from 2 to 3
Citizen is the second tier Contributor Pack, priced at $30. Citizen unlocks Custom Titles, which are placed underneath a user's name (and rank, if applicable), like so:
In total, Citizen:
- Unlocks Profile Titles
- Increases the maximum dimensions of user avatars from 125x125 to 150x200
- Increases the avatar maximum size from 300KB to 500KB
- Increases the total storage space from 30MB to 50MB
- Increases the Cover Photo maximum size from 1000KB to 2000KB
- Increases the maximum rations one can give per day from 3 to 4
Countryman is the third tier Contributor Pack, priced at $60. Countryman unlocks Animated GIF Avatars, allowing users to animate their avatar.
Additionally, Countryman unlocks Profile Background Images, which allows users to set a custom background image for their profile, Profile Body Tint, which allows users to set a custom color background for their profile page's body, and Custom Title Color, which allows members to set a custom color on the Custom Title perk.
Finally, Countryman introduces the ability to Change Username. Countryman allows a username change every 120 days.
In total, Countryman:
- Unlocks Profile Background Images
- Unlocks Animated GIF Avatars
- Unlocks Profile Body Tint
- Unlocks Custom Title Color
- Increases the avatar maximum size from 500KB to 700KB
- Increases the total storage space from 50MB to 70MB
- Increases the Cover Photo maximum size from 2000KB to 3000KB
- Increases the maximum rations one can give per day from 4 to 5
- Allows a username change every 120 days.
Patriot is the fourth tier Contributor Pack, priced at $90. Patriot unlocks Profile Music, which allows users to further customize their profile with music of their choosing, as well as Post Background Color, which allows users to assign a custom color to their posts.
In total, Patriot:
- Unlocks Profile Music
- Unlocks Post Background Color
- Increases the avatar maximum size from 700KB to 1MB
- Increases the total storage space from 70MB to 100MB
- Increases the Cover Photo maximum size from 3000KB to 4000KB
- Increases the maximum rations one can give per day from 5 to 6
- Allows a username change every 90 days.
Benefactor is the fifth tier Contributor Pack, priced at $120. Benefactor unlocks the Custom Username Color, which allows users to assign an entirely custom color to their displayed username.
Additionally, Benefactor unlocks the Post Background Image, which allows users to upload a parallax image to be used as a backdrop for all posts.
Finally, Benefactor unlocks the Post Outline, which allows a user to assign a glowing border around all of their posts.
In total, Benefactor:
- Unlocks Custom Username Color
- Unlocks Post Background Image
- Unlocks Post Outline
- Increases the avatar maximum size from 1MB to 1.5MB
- Increases the total storage space from 100MB to 150MB
- Increases the Cover Photo maximum size from 4000KB to 5000KB
- Increases the maximum rations one can give per day from 6 to 7
- Allows a username change every 60 days.
Philanthropist is the sixth tier Contributor Pack, priced at $150. Philanthropist unlocks the YouTube Background, which allows users to pull a YouTube video for use as a video background on their profile (with or without audio). Additionally, Philanthropist unlocks the Custom Username Font, which allows users to set a choose between one of 13 custom fonts to further customize one's username.
In total, Philanthropist:
- Unlocks Custom Username Font
- Unlocks YouTube Background
- Increases the avatar maximum size from 1.MB to 2MB
- Increases the total storage space from 150MB to 200MB
- Increases the Cover Photo maximum size from 5000KB to 6000KB
- Increases the maximum rations one can give per day from 7 to 8
- Allows a username change every 30 days.
Trustor is the seventh and final tier Contributor Pack, priced at $250. Trustor unlocks the Custom Username Pulse, which adds a second color to usernames and plays a "pulsating" animation, cycling between the two colors.
Additionally, Trustor unlocks the BastionRP Logotype Hat, a physical hat that will be shipped to your address, with no further charge. (Community members outside of the US pay International Shipping.) The hat includes a handwritten thank you note from Cipher, the Project Lead.
Finally, Trustor unlocks the Trustor's Lounge, a Trustor-only section of the forums and Discord where all suggestions, ideas, and opinions are read and responded to ASAP (within 24hrs - just make sure to use the "@" functionality so we can see it!).
In total, Trustor:
- Unlocks Custom Username Pulse
- Unlocks BastionRP Logotype Hat
- Unlocks Trustor's Lounge
- Increases the avatar maximum size from 2MB to 3MB
- Increases the total storage space from 200MB to 300MB
- Increases the Cover Photo maximum size from 6000KB to 7000KB
- Increases the maximum rations one can give per day from 8 to 9
- Allows a username change every 14 days.
WHERE CONTRIBUTIONS GO
We'll come out and say it - some of our Contributor Packs cost a lot of money, which might beg the question, "where does that money go?" This section is meant to answer that.
Excluding the money for web and game server hosting, software licensing fees, etc, contributions at BastionRP currently is invested into two primary categories.
1. IN-GAME DEVELOPMENT
BastionRP, at it's core, is a Total Conversion modification for DayZ Standalone. New assets need to be created, new gameplay concepts need to be defined and designed, and new functionality needs to be developed, in many cases from scratch. Specifically, this is what we are currently focusing on.
- Development of the map and the purchasing and importing or modeling of the custom map assets we use (Including the Underground)
Development of custom functionality to streamline roleplay, add gameplay features, automate tedious tasks, or all three. Specifically,
- IED Mod
- Player Housing
- Custom Whitelisting Scripts
- And more...
Developing all of this takes extremely talented developers, whose expertise we pay for.
2. WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT
On top of the development costs for DayZ Standalone, we also have incurred costs for custom website functionality (such as character pages), as well as off-the-shelf solutions we have purchased to either add functionality or streamline tedious tasks. This includes:
- Automation Rules (which automates once tedious tasks, such as Whitelisting or Banning)
- Forms (which our Whitelist/ISF forms currently run off of)
- Profile Music
- And more...
Currently, our total investment (over $4000 at the time of writing this) is split about 70-30 between in-game and website development. Game development will begin to overtake website development in the coming months.
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE
Simply go to the store page!